1. No social media
(except for LinkedIn.)
2. Exercising (Kickboxing
and Zumba . Sometimes, Pilates).
3. Getting lost in a really good novel.
4. Walking as much as possible. (Here’s a great article on why walking as a form of transportation is super dope.)
5. Lots of music.
6. Lots, and lots, and lots of inspirational quotes, proverbs, mantras, etc.
7. Lots, and lots, and lots of love. (Required: Self, and maybe an awesome supportive partner.)
8. Re-watching The Office, like a billion times.
9. Discipline (= Freedom)
10. Listening to podcasts. (My all time favourite podcast, Freakonomics)
12. Accepting that life is suffering. Then, doing awesome things that make the suffering worth it. (Thank you, Jordan Peterson.)
13. Forgiving myself when I fail.
14. Avoiding the news. (What is a Trump? I do not know.)
15. Reading super awesome and inspirational blogs written by super awesome people.
16. Practicing Minimalism.
17. Practicing Stoic principles. (What is Stoicism?)
18. Keeping a journal. (Some neat journaling technique I recently picked up.)
19. Crying. (‘Cause, crying is good for you.)
20. Reading Warsan Shire‘s poems that make me cry a lot.
“later that night
i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
where does it hurt?
it answered– Warsan Shire